The Neighbors Of Watertown Homebuyer Education Program provides important knowledge to families buying a home. This program does not have income limits and serves families in Jefferson & Lewis Counties as well as in the City of Watertown. Classes are normally held once a month on Saturdays, but the schedule will vary with the demand for the program. Classes are usually limited to 16 participants to allow for maximum participation.
The Homebuyer Education Program helps with information on:
- Understanding the process
- Understanding the language
- Developing a budget
- Amount of mortgage you can afford
- Different types of mortgages
- Predatory lending to watch out for
- Selecting your home
- Making the purchase offer
- What to expect at the closing
- How to maintain your home
As well as many other aspects of the home buying process.
Home Buyers Education BrochureHomebuyer's Education Brochure! Adobe Acrobat Reader icon
Neighbors Of Watertown, Inc. began this Homebuyer Education Program in January 2005 with a start-up grant from the Northern New York Community Foundation.
- 118 Homebuyer Education Certificates were awarded between January 2005 and February 2006.
- 208 Homebuyer Education Certificates were awarded between January 2006 and February 2007.
Click to see bigger Certificate!
Click Here to Apply for the Homebuyer''s Assistance Program
Click Here to Sign up for our Homebuyer''s Course
To request Information on Homebuyer Education:
By Phone or Fax:
Phone: (315) 782-8497
Fax: (315) 782-0102
Neighbors Of Watertown, Inc.
112 Franklin Street
Watertown, New York 13601
Contact Housing Program Information
Return to Housing Programs Page