Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Compliance & Operations
Neighbors of Watertown will revitalize communities through development and partnering with others. We will ensure that our communities have quality affordable housing. Neighbors will advocate for and empower members of our communities on housing opportunities and programs.
Neighbors of Watertown, Inc. (NOWI) provides a variety of quality affordable housing opportunities as well as grant programs to the residents of the City of Watertown and Jefferson County. This includes residential rental units in buildings that have Low Income Housing Tax Credits, HUD, Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers as well as other housing grant programs. This position is responsible for performing a variety of clerical and administrative tasks.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people
- Review client applications for eligibility
- Data input from applications
- Reviews and verifies income documentation, landlord references, application verifications, and other applicant documents
- Receives inbound customer service calls/complaints in an attempt to resolve the conflict and/or route the issue to the appropriate supervisor for resolution. Communicate with Site Managers and Maintenance to ensure issues are handled
- Prepare letters and make phone calls to residents, employees, and external individuals as needed
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions
- Receive clients
- Maintains resident and office files
- Scan, fax, email information and documents as needed
- Handles collection of rents and other collections
- Provide administrative support to the office
- Managing social media accounts (Facebook / Instagram)
- Closing office at end of business day
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Related Experience: Proven experience as an administrative assistant or other relevant administrative support experience. Affordable
Housing program experience is preferred.
Special Competencies: Good written and oral communication skills. Confident with Microsoft Office & Boston Post property Manager software (preferred). Applicant needs to be well organized, flexible, ability to manage large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
Neighbors of Watertown, Inc. main office, Monday-Friday, 9:30am-6:00pm. This job operates in a professional office environment
Neighbors of Watertown, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.