Job Title: Properties Director
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Date Revised: May 2020
Neighbors Of Watertown, Inc. (NOWI) provides a variety of quality affordable housing opportunities to the residents of the City of Watertown and Jefferson County. These opportunities include over 400 residential rental units as well as approximately 30 commercial rental spaces that are maintained by the company. Most units are located in the city of Watertown and the remaining units are in the Philadelphia area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides supervision to the Property Manager, Site Managers, and Case Managers
- Provides supervision to the Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance staff
- Provides assistance to the Compliance Specialist and HUD Compliance Specialist
- Provides supervision to the Security staff
- Oversees the management of all rental properties
- Provides management of major building projects
- Performs duties of the Safety Coordinator
- Performs duties of the 504 Coordinator, approval authority of reasonable accommodations for tenants
- Maintains the RezShield program
- Manages the set work schedules for Rental Properties Departments
- Adheres to all company policies
- Organizational skills, thoroughness, ethical conduct
- Problem solving, decision making
- Customer/Client Focus
- Stress Management/Composure
- Communication proficiency, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with others establishing goals and objectives
- Knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, Grounds upkeep, and Unit turnovers
- Time Management skills
The Rental Properties Director oversees the activities of the Rental Properties staff.
This job operates mostly in a clerical, office setting. There are some requirements to check work sites locations and Neighbors of Watertown buildings. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job; the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Some filing is required; this would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a salary position, and typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. along with after hours, weekend phone calls and checks.
Some travel is expected for this position to site locations.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- 5 years’ work experience in property management or related field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Reliable transportation to access scattered sites
- Ability to pass a thorough background check
Neighbors of Watertown, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management:
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.