Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Date: Revised May 2019
Neighbors of Watertown, Inc. (NOWI) provides a variety of quality affordable housing opportunities to the residents of the City of Watertown and Jefferson County. These opportunities include over 400 residential units as well as approximately 30 commercial rental spaces that are maintained by the company. Most units are located in the City of Watertown and the remaining units are in the Village of Philadelphia area.
The maintenance worker position, under limited supervision, performs work to maintain rental property owned or managed by the company. This is an hourly position. This position will rotate afterhours on call duties with other maintenance workers. Employee also performs related work as assigned.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs routine maintenance on building interior and exterior.
- Maintains a schedule of when maintenance has been performed and when next service is due.
- Works in a safe manner and recognizes unsafe situations. Takes appropriate action to ensure safety of themselves and others in building.
- Adheres to the set work schedule and all other company policies.
- Grounds upkeep
- Unit turnovers
- Decision Making
- Time Management
- Customer/Client Focus
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are generally Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Some weekends or evening hours necessary in on-call situations.
Some travel to scattered sites is required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior maintenance experience in areas listed above
- Ability to work well with others and share duties
- Good organizational skills
- Reliable transportation for accessing scattered work sites
- Ability to pass a thorough background check
Neighbors of Watertown, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.