Neighbors Of Watertown is administering the Lake Ontario Flood Recovery Program in Oswego, Jefferson and St. Lawrence Counties.
Lake Ontario Flood Recovery Program Information
The Lake Ontario Flood Recovery Program will reimburse homeowners for interior and/or exterior repairs to structural damage caused by the floods, and other related costs, as well as for the repair and/or replacement of permanent fixtures. Eligible activities include but are not limited to the repair or replacement of foundations, septic systems, electrical systems, mechanicals, insulation, and drywall.
New York State Homes and Community Renewal has provided a Lake Ontario Flood Recovery Program Fact Sheet.
More information on the program can be found at the New York State Homes and Community Renewal Website
Program Eligibility Information
- Property owners must have occupied the property as their primary residence at the time of the flood
- Funds will be limited to homeowners with incomes equal to or less than the 150% Area Median Income (AMI) for their counties. The income limit will be waived for otherwise eligible seniors (age 60 and over).
- Total liquid assets may not exceed $80,000 ($100,000 for seniors, age 60 and over), excluding the value of a primary residence. Liquid assets include cash and assets that may be liquidated without penalty to include funds in savings, checking, money market or any other source deemed applicable
Income Levels by County (at 150% AMI)
Maximum Household income in order to receive grant assistance varies by the number of persons in the household. The maximum income limit under this program are:
|1 person||2 person||3 person||4 person||5 person||6 person||7 person||8 person|
Homeowners may be required to provide:
- Documentation that damage to the property is from the 2017 Lake Ontario Flooding.
- Documented denial from insurance or documentation that the damage is not covered by insurance.
- Certifications that no assistance from other government sources (such as FEMA) were available or declined by the homeowner.
If you believe you are eligible for assistance based on the information above, please Complete the Application below.
Currently, we are offering 2 ways to get started with the program:
1.) Download the Program Application and fill it out:Complete the Application Now!
2.) Not sure if you're eligible? Join our list of people with flood damage whom we may be able to help.Join our Lake Ontario Homeowner List Now!