Call for information 315-782 -8497
114 Franklin Street, Watertown, New York 13601
Watertown's only Single Room Occupancy (SRO). In 1995, Neighbors was awarded $400,000.00 from the DSS HHAP Program and an additional $1.4 million was raised from investors buying low income and historic tax credits. A $250,000.00 mortgage from DANC completed the financial package to totally renovated this building and its 28 dwelling units with all new mechanicals, bathrooms, kitchens and other critically needed modernizations.
Constructed in 1897 by former Watertown Mayor, Nelson Burdick. The building has always been residential over a variety of commercial uses including at one time, stables. The building has been restored to highlight beautiful Historic Features such as tin ceilings, a central wooden staircase and spacious ten foot wide corridors. A modernized elevator provides safe access to the 28 residential apartments on the upper three floors. Storefronts grace the street level.
Apartments & Amenities
1 Bedroom Apartments
- Large walk-in closets
- Laundry rooms on every floor
- Recycling rooms on every floor
- Secured lobby with intercom
- Heat & Hot water included
- Kitchens include range, refrigerator and oak cabinets
- Studio units include an extra room for use as a sleeping area, study or den
- Accessible units available