Job Title: Housing Compliance Specialist
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Rental Properties Director
Date: Revised May 2019
Neighbors of Watertown, Inc. (NOWI) provides a variety of quality affordable housing opportunities as well as grant programs to the residents of the City of Watertown and Jefferson County. This includes residential rental units in buildings that have tax credit, HUD, Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers as well as other hosing grant programs.
Neighbors of Watertown is currently seeking a Housing Compliance Specialist.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to administer current grant programs
- Identify and write new grant applications
- Determining if potential tenants meet income qualifications and other guidelines
- Overseeing the ongoing compliance of current tenants
- Ability to administer HUD EIV (Housing & Urban Development Enterprise Income Verification) system
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for various State & Federal agencies regarding compliance with regulations
- Prepare & oversee all external inspections
- Providing occupancy information as needed
- Adhering to the set work schedule and all company policies
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent customer service skills
- Works well with other staff to obtain needed information
- Ability to work independently, juggle priorities, and schedule duties appropriately
- Ethical Conduct including strict confidentiality
- Ability to analyze and interpret a wide variety of information from multiple sources
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates degree in business Administration or related field with 2 years experience working in rental compliance
- Experience with section 8, LIHTC (Low Income Housing Tax Credit) rules and procedures
- Experience writing and administering grants
- Ability to obtain Housing Credit Certified Professional certification
- Ability to fulfill required continuing education requirements to maintain certification
- Experience with BostonPost software preferred
- Experience with Real Estate law
Neighbors of Watertown, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.